What usually happens in sessions?
How long will therapy take?
How often will we meet?
Do you prescribe medication?
What about missed appointments?
What is your approach to counseling?
Our approach is:
1. Eclectic. We have advanced training in many areas of assessment and treatment including Psychodynamic, Interpersonal, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EMDR and Sports Psychology. We have expertise in treating children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. We utilize interventions from multiple sources to best meet the needs of our clients.
2. Client Centered. We see each client as a unique individual. We make every effort to find the best fit between the treatment approach we use and our client’s personality, belief system, comfort level, and presenting problem.
3. Collaborative. We believe counseling is effective when the therapist and client have a positive and respectful relationship, and they are working together as a team to accomplish the identified goals.
4. Creative. We believe that every problem has a solution. Sometimes the solution is found by using conventional treatment methods. At other times it requires that we “think outside the box”. We are committed to exploring every creative means to help you achieve your goals.
5. Research Based. We strive to use a “Best Practices Model” in providing assessment and treatment to our clients. That is, we try to use methods and techniques that have been found to be effective in treating the issues that are being presented to us by our clients.
6. Strengths Based. We believe every client has a set of unique and individual strengths that he or she brings to treatment. It is our goal to help you discover and utilize these strengths to heal, grow, and move forward in your life.
7. Compassionate. We believe that genuine warmth, caring and understanding are essential ingredients to create an environment for our clients to grow and reach their full potential.